Kimberly Barlow Recommendation

I am grateful for this opportunity to write a referral letter for my dear friends, Ray and Heidi Adams. I have known Ray and Heidi for approximately ten years. During that time I have come to know them as people of great character, honesty and integrity. It is my privilege to share a few thoughts about them with you.

First, I would like to commend you for the loving decision you are making in placing your child for adoption. I am always touched by the unselfishness of birth parents. Truly, adoption is the ultimate expression of love. As you think about the family you would like your precious child to grow up with, I would like to share a few reasons why I know that Ray and Heidi will make wonderful parents.

Ray is one of the most responsible, dependable, committed people I have ever known. He is a man of his word and he lives a life of high moral principles. He is a natural leader and I have personally seen him make a difference in the lives of others. Ray is kind, compassionate, patient and a modern day gentleman. All of those characteristics will make him a wonderful dad. A little girl will be adored, cherished, treasured and probably a little (or a lot) spoiled by Ray. A little boy will be taught respect, a strong work ethic and how to grow up to be a good man. There is not a better role model than Ray.

Heidi is equally impressive. She is probably the most optimistic person I know. She sees the bright side of the darkest day. Heidi lives a life of true happiness because she chooses to look for the good in the world and others. Heidi’s personality is one of kindness, calm and the soft answer. Heidi is also very nurturing and loving, she is a great listener and friend. All of these qualities will make Heidi an amazing mom. I can see her lovingly rocking a newborn in the middle of the night, I can see her running down the street as her child is learning how to ride a bike, I can see her choking back tears as the bus pulls away on the first day of school, I can see her listening intently during an afterschool snack, helping her daughter pick out a prom dress or cheering on her son at a ballgame.

Ray and Heidi are outstanding individuals but I believe what makes them extra special, is the love they have for one another. They have a solid, secure and loving marriage. They are each other’s biggest fans. In a world where divorce is common and many children are growing up in broken homes, any child would be very blessed to be surrounded by parents who truly love, adore and respect each other like Ray and Heidi. They are Christ-like in their words and actions. They have a deep love for God and for each other. They have a beautiful home in a lovely neighborhood, but more importantly, their home is filled with love. They will give their child a wonderful life.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. Although I don’t know you, you have my respect for the difficult and loving decision you are making.

May God bless you.

For additional questions or information email me - kimberlybarlow@comcast.net.